The 2d Cavalry Association bi-annual reunion has been rescheduled. Please join us at Ft. Knox 15-17 May 2010.
Organization: 2d Armored Cavalry Association (block of rooms are held under this name)
Dates: 15-17 May 2010
Where: Holiday Inn Express
107 Buffalo Creek Drive
Elizabethtown, KY 42701
Rates: $99.00 + 9% tax = $107.91 per night
Rooms: 22 Singles (Kings) and 28 Doubles (2 Queens)
CANCELLATION POLICY: If cancellation of this booking becomes necessary, to avoid forfeiture of any deposits paid or payment of penalties, the hotel must receive written notification by 15 APRIL 2010.
15 May 2010
- Bus Tour of Post Facilities
- Eat at DFAC
- Patton Museum Open for Tours
Offered by Ft. Knox
Link to the Heroes in Radcliff, KY parade and recognition events
- 15:00 – 19:00 Welcome and Registration (at the Hotel)
- 18:00 – 22:00 “Circle the Wagons” (at the Hotel)
16 May 2010
- Internal Reunion Activities
- 07:30 – 10:00 Breakfast and Business Meeting
- 08:00 – 10:00 Business Meeting
- 10:30 – 16:30 Tour Activities
- 10:30 – 11:00 Travel to Bardstown by Bus
- 11:00 – 12:00 Civil War Museum/Women’s Civil War Museum
- 12:00 – 12:30 Lunch
- 12:30 – 12:45 Travel to Old Kentucky Home
- 12:45 – 13:45 Tour of Old Kentucky Home
- 13:45 – 14:00 Travel to Distillery
- 14:00 – 16:00 Distillery Tour (requires two hours because of group size)
- 16:00- 16:30 Travel to Hotel (bus travel back to hotel)
17 May 2010
- 07:30 – 09:00 Breakfast (at the Hotel)
- 09:30 – 17:00 Tour (bus travel from and to hotel)
- 10:00 – 10:15 Armor School Welcome at the Abrams Auditorium
- 10:15 – 11:30 Armor School/State of Armor Briefings
- 11:30 – 13:00 Lunch (BBQ at Patton Museum)
- 12:00 UTC Golf Scramble
- 13:00 – 16:30 View Simulation Based Training/View Conference Vehicle Displays
- 13:00 – 16:30 Border/Cold War Displays at Patton Museum
Price per person is $100.00 and includes:
- Lunch on Sunday
- Fees for Sunday Tours
- BBQ Lunch Monday at Patton Museum
Optional Event – Monday 17 May – Stable Call at the Patton Museum ($15.00 – pay at the door)
- Golf Scramble Awards
- Regimental Punch Bowl Ceremony
- Briefing on Future of Armor Center School
For more information send an e-mail to Micheal Davis (click on name to e-mail) or call him at (cell) 571-217-2227.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Toujours Pret!Read More
September 22, 2009 to September 24, 2009
Brown County Inn
51 State Road 46 East
This will be the 11th Get-to-Gether of Company F troopers who served together during 1957-1959. It will be the 52nd Anniversary of most of us being assigned to F Company. Most took basic training together at Ft. Meade, Maryland. We all went to Germany in early 1958 and were stationed in Bamberg. Our border station was Colburg, Germany.
Group activities are being planned and there will be plenty of free time to take in the sites.Read More
65 Years ago the 2d Cavalry Group liberated the town of Luneville, France from the German occupiers. In fact, a battle swirled around Luneville and the 2d Cavalry Group found it necessary to liberate the town a second time.
The battle was part of the Nancy Salient and eventually mushroomed into the largest tank engagement since Normandy.
Each year the town of Luneville commemorates the event.
The 2d Cavalry has participated in these events annually for decades. This year the event is very special since the active Regiment – in particular the 1st Squadron (PSG and above) will be participating in a Staff Ride in and near Luneville during the celebration.
In addition I along with several other Cold War and WWII veterans and their families will be in attendance.
We are also honored by the Regimental Commander and Command Sergeant Major participating in the commemorative activities.
You are invited and encouraged to attend. Mark your calendars to be in France 17-20 September. More details to follow.
Would you like to help organize and lead this adventure? If so please contact me — Chris Golden.Read More
The Michigan Chapter of the 2nd Cavalry Association wants its Michigan veterans and guests to join them for their annual Fall Gathering on September 12, 2009. It will be held at Cornwells Restaurant, Turkeyville just off I-69′s Exit 42. After exiting, turn west on N Drive North, and drive approximately one mile. Please RSVP to (269) 420-0934 to Glen Beck. If anyone needs a strip map emailed to them, please let me know: Ned Devereaux.Read More
Our site now offers article translation in the following 41 different languages: Italian, Korean, Chinese (Simplified), Portuguese, English, German, French, Spanish, Japanese, Arabic, Russian, Greek, Dutch, Bulgarian, Czech, Croatian, Danish, Finnish, Hindi, Polish, Romanian, Swedish, Norwegian, Catalan, Filipino, Hebrew, Indonesian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Albanian, Estonian, Galician, Maltese, Thai, Turkish, Hungarian. This translation should be automatic based on your language preferences on your computer.
If you are bi-lingual and are having problems with the translation v.s. an English version of the site please drop me a note at firstname.lastname@example.org
Isaac GoldingRead More